Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
adapted from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen
6 oz bacon slices, cut into 1/2-inch slices (I used about had a package of center cut bacon)Steps
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 lb ground beef
6 oz tomato paste
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup shredded Italian six cheese mix
1 lb spaghetti cooked, water reserved
1. In the slow cooker insert (or use a large sauté pan/skillet) over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp (about 10 minutes - I like mine crispy so I went a bit longer).The Final Product
2. Spoon off the fat but leave about 1 tbs in the pan. Add onion and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add the garlic - cooking for another minute.
4. Add the ground beef, stirring until the beef is no longer pink.
5. Stir in tomato paste, heavy cream, milk, and cheese. Remove from heat.
6. Place insert in slow cooker (or transfer contents of pan to slow cooker). Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. When done, you may want to skim any fat from the top of the sauce.
7. Added the cooked spaghetti to the sauce. If the sauce is to thick, add some pasta-cooking water to loosen the sauce.
8. Enjoy immediately!