I don't know what is the matter with me. I wish I had someone around in my meeting with my advisor today. Someone to smack me upside the head and say, "Why the heck would you want to do more work?" My advisor informed me that we have pretty much finished investigated the many body of work. That I really only need to work on what is left - my, well, crappy introduction chapter and the semi-historic, not super math investigatory chapter 4. He confirmed that the topic was a good one to explore and the paper is good, based on a pure quantitative (number of pages) level. It will most likely run a bit over 30 pages without the front and back material. So he says we have time to take this a step further. Only if I want to. He won't push me. What spills out of my mouth? Yeah, sure.
Needless to say, I have spent most of the day smacking my hand against my forehead and muttering. I guess the upside is that this extension would add another 10-15 pages. If it doesn't all get completed by the first week of April, I can just leave it as an open problem. So I have until the first week of April to wrap all this up - at which I have to run all over the place to get things printed and signature-ized.
Okay - time to stop complaining and just hunker down and do the work.
Can't wait to go home for spring break. Get inundated with wedding stuff! This should be interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment