- It has been quite a year. Yep, one whole year married. We've had lots of fun, and well some not so fun. Most of the not fun has been my doing - seeing as I freak out over the tiniest things - like packing, and travelling, Silvio, and the fact that I have no control over what the Army tells Andrew to do. It has been a slow acclimation. I report that I am still working on it - but I hope that Andy thinks I am doing better than before.
- Silvio is one whole year old as well. He has learned sit and stay (most of the time), and can perform down but only if there is food around. His most favorite activity is chewing the carpet. I have spent so much time ripping my hair out trying to find activities for him other than chewing the carpet. A Petco has just opened up here - so once they have a trainer, I plan on signing Silvio up for the classes.
- Both sets of parents have come to visit us in our new home (which I love by the way). It was fantastic having them down. They have managed to drop off a bunch of things for us. Needless to say I must find some more bookcases and the like.
- I am trying to find a job. I would love to teach. Unfortunately, I don't have that little sheet of paper which says it is okay to do so. You would think that a Master's degree in content area would make any high school happy. Heck even - 5 years of teaching in the highschool/collegiate level. Nope it's that darn piece of paper - thwarts me at every turn. I had an interview on Friday. It went fairly well. I won't know until Wednesday if I finagled myself in the door. If I get a no, I think I might just drop out of alternate route program. It's silly here in Kansas - no certificate, no job - but no job offer, no continuation of program to obtain certificate. My back up is that I could always adjunct teach with Central Texas College on Fort Riley. They don't need that piece of paper. But I am sure I could find other ways to fill my time....
- Andy is away at the National Training Center for another week and a half. While he is away I vowed to get into an exercising regimen. Why you ask - I tried on my bridesmaid dress for Suzer's wedding. It fit with quite a bit of help. I guess all that cooking has gone all to my waist. So after each workout I have been weighing myself to make sure I am making progress. I know this will sound crazy but I have been hovering around 122- 125. That is actually the highest I have ever been. But this morning after a couple of weeks the scale read 118. So I am happy with my progress but have a couple more pounds to shed by the end of next month. It helps that I take Silvio out a couple of times a day for little walks - gets me outside too.
- Not to much else to report from Kansas. It is hot - already made it into the 90s. Can not wait for the lanscapers to put some trees in our yard so we can get some shade. Looking forward to a trip to Disney World - Andy's first trip. It will be nearly 2 years since my last trip. Crazy!!!
6 month boo boo
Oooops. Distracted is probably not the right word for this situation. Distracted implies a short amount of time where one's mind wanders from it's intended task. Forgotten is more appropriate. It would be poor of me to try to run down what happened over the past six months. I wouldn't be able to remember the important things, I am sure of that. But why don't I share the things that I do know:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment