Breakfast Quiche

So, I have been trying to get out a bit more to make new friends.  My excuse for the better part of a year has been "Oh, I am waddling pregnant," or "I have a little baby".  Now the boys are moving and social.  I feel like getting out of the house is the best plan on most days.  I have been trying to go to events with other FAO (foreign area officer) spouses, play groups, and Stroller Warriors (I could...maybe will... probably write a whole post about this group).  One of the wonderful ladies at the playgroup shared this wonderfully tasty breakfast quiche.  I made this for dinner earlier this week and we devoured the whole thing.

Breakfast Quiche
from Playgroup Mommy friend

Ingredients
1 frozen deep-dish pie crust
4 eggs
1/2 lb cooked, drained meat
6 oz shredded cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Steps
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Bake pie crust for 10 minutes while combining other ingredients.
2.  Combine all other ingredients.
3.  When pie crust is done, pour mixture into the crust.
4.  Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
5.  Turn off oven and leave oven door closed for an addition 20 - 25 minutes.
6.  Remove and enjoy!
The Final Product

This really hit the spot.  Every now and again I enjoy breakfast for dinner.  This fit the bill.  I used 6 slices of thick cut bacon and 6 turkey breakfast sausages (crumbled) as my choice of meats.  I also used 1 cup of shredded Mexican taco cheese mix in place of the two cheese mixture.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment