Skillet Penne with Sausage, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Spinach

Things have been busy.  But I stumbled upon a new tasty cookbook from America's Test Kitchen.  I am eager to slowly start incorporating some of these recipes into our rotation.  So without further ado...

Skillet Penne with Sausage, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Spinach

Ingredients
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb hot or sweet Italian sausage (remove the casings)
3 cloves garlic minced
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
3 cups water
1 lb penne pasta
1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and chopped fine
6 oz of baby spinach

Steps
1.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add sausage and cook.  Break up the meat with a wooden spoon.  Cook until no longer pink.  Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 sec).
2.  Stir in broth, water, pasta, and tomatoes.  Bring to a vigorous simmer and cook.  Stir often until the pasta is tender and sauce has thickened, about 15 - 18 minutes.
3.  Stir in spinach, a handful at a time.  Cook until it has just wilted.
4.  Season with salt and pepper and serve with some yummy cheese.
Finished Product

I didn't manage to score a finished picture.  And then before I knew it, it was all gone.  I was hoping for some left over but oh well.  I guess that is the best thing for a meal...for it not be around for very long.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry was signed into the wrong account. Looking forward to trying this.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete