February started off with a big bang.
The remnants of TC Ana still had (and continue to have) a hold on the islands. The boys got to enjoy another day off from school. Thankfully because the school is private, they were back in the routine on the 2nd. The public schools here will not be back in session until next Monday.
I have been busy trying to wrap my head around a bunch of house related maintenance work. Electrical circuits were going out. We had a new stovetop and dishwasher installed. The heavy rain from the cyclone seems to have shed light on several issues in the house. It is making the remaining few months here less than relaxing.
I have also been working hard on the school's governance committee. It has taken a lot of my mental capacity. While rewarding in some aspects, I admit that I am ready to hand the torch over to someone else. I believe the only reason I seem to be decent at is that I have a schedule, create to-do lists, and set deadlines. It's the declines that are important.
We also invited a few friends over on the 2nd. We watched Groundhog Day and had food. It provided a little modicum of relaxation a fun. Managing things lately has been a herculean effort. Hopefully things will quiet down for a little while before we ramp up for moving. Whenever that is...
No comments:
Post a Comment