Friday and Saturday were wonderful. Getting to have Suzy and Cryssy come stay over was amazing. Okay I admit it, I didn't do very well in the whole planning activities department but we made up for it. Friday night we went to the Fox and the Hound. That was fun...and weird. Fancy our waiter being Danny *now it's just Dan* who I went to elementary school with. It definitely took me a little while to realize is was him. When I finally did get up the courage to ask him-"What school did..." (that was all I got out before he said)- "Did we go to the same grammer school together? Yes." Then that just made things feel awkward. But we made it through. We went to Blockbuster to pick up a couple of movies- Circle of Friends and Center Stage. Funny- Cryssy and I saw Circle of Friends a long time ago...and when we watched we both realized that we definitely didn't understand what the heck was really going on. My parents surprised me with a little ice cream cake. Yum! And guess who called me. This guy who I was tutoring way back in June. I was just so surprised. We caught up a little bit *I didn't want to stay on the phone too long, since I had guests* but I might call him tomorrow to get more details and tell him about my foray into teaching *yikes*. What was really funny I guess (or maybe it's cause my social life is so lacking), is the my parents think he really does like me in the more than we are friends, you helped me out a while back sort of way. I just don't think that is the deal. My father even said it sounds like he is lonely. (yes it's even scarier when your parents talk to you about stuff like that.) But he just can't be lonely and that is the way it is in my head for the moment. Saturday we hung out, listened to my father's sch-piel about the Hurricane and then decided to go to Roosevelt and walk around the park there. We then got supremely hungry and stopped at Applebee's. By the time we got home, it was primarily time for them to leave. I get sad when people leave. ::sigh::
Tomorrow is the big day. I'm nervous, anxious, I probably won't get any sleep no matter how early I try to go to bed. At least I am done with work at 4 in the afternoon, so I'll be home by 5....that means if I'm feeling adventurous I could go out for a walk, or some exercise or something. Mom will hopefully be going in for the second dose this week. Selenium Tuesday, Chemo Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed. Yesterday and today the "shedding" as I will call it began. But I managed to get her out to Lids to buy a nondescript black fitted baseball cap, along with a brown Nike cap. Hurray for buy 1 get the second half off deal.
I think I need to find some food.
No comments:
Post a Comment