Where did July go?

So I’ve been a little neglectful. July has been absolutely crazy- yet soo amazing! I do feel a bit run down though with all of my running here and going there business. I suppose a recap is in order.

Andrew had block leave- Hurray!! So we spent most of it together:
Hung out at a barbeque, chilled at Rusty’s for the 4th (It was great seeing everyone, cause I know I don’t have much more time here in Jersey.), spent 3 days at Ocean City (Andrew schooled me in skee-ball much to my dismay…although I didn’t do to bad once we found the games with the 100 point holes), went to the Baltimore Aquarium, Gettysburg, and Hershey Park (yummy Chocolate World!!!). It was a whirlwind 2 weeks- but wonderful at that.

Last week I saw the Big Mouse in Disney World. Major memories- more bug bites than I ever imagined, half-yard Guinness at the Rose and Crown, Big Thunder Mountain “Hang on to your hats partners, cause this here train is the wildest ride in the WILDERNESS!!!”, yummy food at the California Grille, crazy Star Wars pictures (which reminds me, I need to scan so you all can see them, hurray facebook!), oh my brain isn’t thinking anymore, it was all just so much fun.

And now, I have 3 days of work left. It has been a little sad cleaning out my desk. After two years I have accumulated a massive amount of just...for lack of a better word- stuff. I keep asking myself why the heck I had this stuff in the first place. I have rid my desk of most of that stuff now. All I really have left are some text books, and a bunch of office supplies. Within the next week I have the really big task of getting everything squared away for the move. I want to say I have everything- somewhere in my house. So maybe I’ll make it like a scavenger hunt- search for all the basic things I need. I am getting antsy about it- and I feel that in my shoulders and such. My normal calming activities help a bit but not really. Knitting only really lasts about an hour for me, and my brain wanders too much to read my books for any long amount of time. I feel like I should be doing something, but there really isn’t much to do. I guess I’m also getting nervous about school again. I love school...I love learning, but I have a tendency in the first week or so to be a basketcase about deadlines- even end of semester ones. Totally overwhelmed by the handing out of the syllabi. I am going to try to see if I can keep that to a minimum...but the tension in my shoulders grows every day as we get closer to August 4th and move time.

I guess between packing...if I have anything else to write I’ll try to…and hopefully by August 24th (first day of classes) I’ll definitely have internet access again. In the mean time- maybe I’ll meet up with Lynnea S., my fellow inferno alto Sarah. Suzer is coming to visit on Saturday and if it isn’t raining we should be able to catch Seussical at Plays-in-the-Park. If anyone wants my South Carolina info, if I missed you in my mass email (I never can manage to keep tabs on who gets them or didn’t), shoot me off an email and I’ll get that to you. Maybe I’ll see Clerks 2- Brookdale reference- yeah I worked there. I suppose that is it then. Catch ya on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment