What's Due...

Well - surprisingly...or maybe unsurprisingly - it seems like I have managed to be quite busy and productive over the past couple of weeks.

In math news - I believe although I have not confirmed (since I still have a few more problems to go) that I am pretty much done with all the Algebra (Linear and Numerical) studying. For some reason - it seems to come somewhat easily. Maybe the classes were taught really well - who knows. I just feel like I have a really good foundation in it. So what does this mean? It means for the next 2 weeks or so, I need to work on Analysis. I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a pencil. No - I'd rather write a 20 page paper on, I don't know, the effect of Velcro on society. Yes, it is indeed that bad. But if I can muddle my way through two semesters of it alright - then maybe just maybe I can muddle through this as well.

In wedding news - My mom was supposed to fly down for a weekend of fun dress shopping. Her flight ot cancelled. So instead my mom and dad decided to drive down to visit for the weekend. I went out dress shopping with Mom, Amanda, her mom, and Mrs. Sawyer (Amanda's soon to be mother-in-law) in the Charlotte area for the day. We both found our dresses and bridesmaid dresses. What I suppose is the funny thing - is that the dresses we both loved - were right here in Columbia. My bridesmaid dresses are here too. It turns out great because I won't have to spend half a day - if I need to get alterations done or anything like that. I think I have pretty much found my photographer, I just need to contact her. I think I may also have the florist in the bag as well. All I need is the DJ. What I feel bad about is the fact that - they (the DJ's) keep calling my home in Jersey. So my parents try to tell them that I am in South Carolina in graduate school at the moment - this is apparently not an acceptable answer. She won't be back in New Jersey until October - still no good. So I think just to get them all off of my parents back - I will need to pick one - and soon. The end of May is prom season - big time for DJs - and I want a good one. If I can manage that - then I think I am home clear for a little while.

In NOT my wedding news - well, most of the group of friends I made here in Columbia is all engaged. Next summer is going to be quite a busy time for me. But it will be really fun. For the upcoming November wedding I am in - there was what one would call a huge argument leading to falling out in the bridal party. So there was lots of drama going on. But it seems to have died down now. I picked up a nice gift for the bridal shower, and prizes for some games we are playing (yes the drama was about these little games and favors - yet for some reason, I, the person in charge of obtaining said prizes and favors, did not start any of the drama).

In Harry Potter news - I went to the midnight showing of Order of the Phoenix. For some reason, I just did not enjoy it - could have been the movie itself, or it could have just been the really annoying audience. I'd like to give the movie a second chance but I have no idea when I will have a chance to see it. I hope it comes out soon on DVD. I spent most of yesterday reading the Deathly Hallows. I think what may be more impressive is that this weekend I completed about 15-20 Numerical problems and read all of the Harry Potter book. Yes, it was a bit quick. But prior to this I was only half way through book 5. So I will continue on through 5, finish six, and then slowly read 7 again. Because I really wanted to find out how it ended and knew that if I read it while studying for the quals - it would take me until August to finish the book. That would just be unacceptable. I've heard that some people are unhappy with it - oh well. I enjoyed it - and I suppose that is all that counts right? I think though that I might go through some withdrawl now. I'll need to find some other series to get hooked on. I hear the next good book is by Roderick Gordon called Tunnels. I believe it is out in the UK but won't be in the US until next year - see if I can get my hands on a UK version of it. I guess too that I am still waiting for the third installment in Eragon and Eldest.

In me news - 15 days of leave is the biggest tease the army could have ever thought of. Jerks. I feel almost exactly like when Andy first left in November. It is starting to wear down a bit - but that just might be the fact that I'm getting really nervous about these stupid tests.

Update you all when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment