Golden Compass and 1 week of class to go

Last week of classes for the semester.  I can not believe that I have made it this far.  It means giving two presentations , wrapping up a semester's worth of teaching, and finally getting the chance to call Andy (not him always calling me - not to mention the time difference gets cut down to two hours).  I feel somewhat relieved - not totally but almost there.

I went to see a sneak preview of the Golden Compass last night.  The movie was good - so good I did not look at my watch once, actually i was hoping the movie would continue on, but alas it did not.  I don't want to say much more since the movie doesn't come out until next Friday - but it was a pretty good adaptation of the book.  Leaps and bounds above whoever decided to write the screenplay for Eragon - boy did that turn out a flop.  But I will say this - watch for the armored bear fight scene - it is....wow!

Well I should get back to doing a spot of work so that this week doesn't feel too overwhelming.

Oh - Andy is currently in Kuwait and will hopefully be in Texas by Tuesday evening.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment