1.5 Weeks to Go...

that is if you don't count finals week.  So what is there left to do

  1. Teaching - create 3rd exam and the final exam; lots o'grading
  2. Applied Math - problem re-writes, case study write up, one more presentation about my case study
  3. Fourier Analysis - a presentation of my choosing
  4. Graph Theory - two problem sets, a final exam
  5. Masters work - a humongous pile of papers to read and start making sense of
I had loads of fun the past weekend at my friend's wedding.  I wore a pink dress and danced a lot.  I also enjoyed seeing a bunch of people who I have only seen on a limited basis.  Being in Columbia makes the whole seeing old family and friends difficult.  Pictures have cropped up - I want to wait to see the pictures the professionals came up with.  Those should be - well, a sight to see.

In other news, my parents have yet again gone to Disney World without me.  It's very sad.  Not that I could really go anyway - seeing as it is crunch time for the semester and my students would be totally lost without me.  I do wish I could have gone, take a break from the Turkey Day /wedding break.  But they did leave me a very early Christmas present.  A navigation system.  So that wherever life happens to take me - I can always manage a way home (yes even in the event of a 10 mile back up or construction detour).  I was very surprised needless to say.  I haven't played with it yet.  Hope to do that maybe this weekend.  Any ideas where I should go? 

On a food related note - I love fettuccine alfredo.  I don't ever make it for myself.  But I always get huge portions at restaurants.  Like all good people - I doggie-bag the leftovers.  Whenever I have had left overs - I always threw it in the microwave.  Isn't that what you are supposed to do with leftovers??  Not fettuccine alfredo.  I have learned the secret.  Throw the leftovers in a small fry pan and add a splash of milk and whatever cheese you may have on hand.  Heat that up real quick - just like in the restaurant.  *You can now commence with the - oh but didn't you know that was what you were supposed to do?*

I don't have much else to update except I want to see the Lights at the Zoo, the Golden Compass, and I just saw the trailer for Sweeney Todd starring the oh so dreamy Johnny Depp.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment