Yesterday, I had a big accomplishment. I walked to the Graduate School and handed in my thesis for format check. Hurray!!! Total math writing: 32 pages. Whole paper: 36 pages. I feel a little odd considering the past like 3 weeks I have been stressing over how I am going to finish it - and ::pow:: it just creeped up on me without knowing it. Right now I am in the process of creating a presentation - no, not in Powerpoint, yuck. LaTeX makes very pretty pdf slides - plus it makes nicer math than Office does.
I have only a month to go for everything. I am proud of myself that I managed to get all of my lectures finished before my paper got handed in. That means I can relax somewhat on that front. Only have a final review sheet and exam to come up with. yippee!
Wedding news- wow, things are coming together. That means I can't keep putting it off - like calling the DJ - which I had successfully put off for nearly 3 weeks. Guess I should jump on that soon. Working on favors - ordered some samples and if they look good and taste good :::wink-wink::: then I will just put an order in for them really quick. The response cards keep coming in - at last count we had yes-es from 50 people on the list. I keep praying there will be enough room in the hall.
Outside of that, the rest of the year just seems to have been planned out. I'm not sure how that happened but it did. Finish up school, see brother graduate, get married, move loads of 'stuff' to TX, honeymoon, Amanda's wedding, somehow getting ourselves to OK, Beckie's wedding, maybe I'll look for a job, maybe I'll go to Disney in Dec (I am going through withdrawal - it would be almost a year and half.)
I think it may be time for bed.
Oh if you happen to be bored try playing HPFantrips Harry Potter Quest. I find it quite addictive. Why, yes, it is the reason I can not get myself to be motivated. How could anyone be motivated to do work if there is a Harry Potter themed online quest to do?!?!?
Addendum
Gosh how could I have forgotten this?!?! I purchased Happy Car almost 3 years ago. Every month I have religiously paid my loan installments. After a bunch of saving, last week I was able to pay off my loan 2 years early. It feels so freeing. Happy Car will officially be mine in about a week or so when I receive the title from the bank. Not to mention it is nice to get a chance to put that monthly payment to other uses - not that i'll be getting paid much past the end of the semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment