Long Overdue

If this post were like an overdue library book, I would probably have to pay a fine of close to $20.  This will most likely turn into a bullet post of everything that has happened thus far because I'm quite certain I will forget something if I try to write it in paragraph form.
  • I handed in my thesis, An Exploration in the History of Littlewood’s Conjecture.  My guess is right now it is in the process of being bound into a hardcover book.  I suppose I will now have two coffee table books with my name on it.
  • On May 9, I graduated from the University of South Carolina.  I received my Master of Arts in Mathematics - when I will actually receive the piece of paper that says this...I have no idea.  But at least it is noted on my transcript.  I did not walk for graduation.  Instead, I attended my brother Matthew's graduation from Virginia Tech.  He received his Bachelor degree in History.  I'm very proud of him.  I got the chance to sit in Lane Stadium, one of the rowdiest  (sp?) college football stadiums in the country, for free.  That probably won't happen again, unless Matt decides to walk when he graduates from Graduate School.  He is now part of the Graduate History Department at Tech.
  • To be honest the next two weeks are a blur in my mind.  It was probably filled with a ton of running around speaking to all of the vendors.  I did enjoy the fact that I got to hang out with my cousin Alycia while putting together nearly one hundred tea favors for the reception.  I had a bit of fun hanging out with some of the girls for a Girls Night Out.  Oh, and I have to say, this is the first time in my life I have gotten my nails done.  Wow, it was really soothing, not to mention it came out about 50 times better than if I had attempted it myself.
  • May 24 was the big day.  It went off relatively smoothly.  The guys had a bit of a snafu with the tuxes.  I think they were more worried about the possibility that I might have some sort of nervous breakdown if the tuxes didn't match.  But I was really quite physically spent from the prior two weeks of running around- and that was before all of the fun had started.  I nearly fell asleep while getting my hair done at the salon that morning.  The guys were relieved that I didn't care about the color of the tux.  More than once, the vendors told me I was one of the most relaxed brides they've had in a while.  I think it was for the best that I decided to just let these people do their jobs.  I'm going to enjoy seeing and speaking to everyone and let the vendors do their thing.  That is what I paid them to do.  I couldn't believe that the day went so quickly.  It was a lot of fun and I can't help but thank everyone who was there for a wonderful time.  I should get proofs from the photographer by the end of July - at which point they should show up online (for anyone who is wondering).
  • These past two weeks have been ... well a trip.  We (my parents included) drove to South Carolina to completely move all of my things from my apartment.  I kinda miss the apartment and Columbia.  It turned out to be a good experience after all - even if I managed to be allergic to the state.  I will miss all the friends I made there.  After a day of packing, we drove out to El Paso.  We drove through, Georgia,  Mississippi,  Louisiana, and across the state of Texas.  We all spent a few days unloading my things and exploring El Paso.  Then my parents and I drove back to NJ - taking a different route - through Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, to Virginia.  At which point, we took the familiar I-81 trip back home.  Hopefully I will get some photos on facebook from the drives.
  • We made it just in time for my Great Aunt Dora's 100th birthday.  What a trip.  To be around from 1908-2008.  She has seen a lot and what is more amazing she still has the mental acuity to tell you all the details of things that happened 20 - 30 - 40 - 50... years ago.  I'm only a quarter of the way there - let's see how long I can manage.
  • Last Monday was nutty.  I ran around from government agency to government agency in an attempt to get the ball rolling with a name change.  So, I spent the day waiting around in some hard chairs.  But it was a successful day.  I then hopped on a flight the next morning back to Texas.  It probably was the cheapest flight I have ever gotten the day before I needed to get somewhere.
  • Wednesday and Thursday was spend getting myself in the Army system.  Actually, that really happened in under 2 hours on Wednesday.  On Thursday it took nearly all day to get Happy Car in the system.  But that is all done.
So now you are asking what the heck is going on.  Well, I have a few more boxes to unpack.  But the big thing is I have to long list of Thank You's I need to write and mail.  As per the usual, I decided to write this instead of making a dent in the Thank You's.  Writing almost 75 thank yous is just kinda unappealing but it must get done.  Best to do it now while I have lots of time on my hands.

Catch everyone later!

No comments:

Post a Comment