Me 1, Scorpion squash

It's not a large secret - I am not a big fan of insects.  Living beings that wear their skeletons on the outside and not the inside are just a little unnatural for me.  We already know that I have issues with swarms of ladybugs.  But I can look on that experience and laugh a bit now.  This time, not so much.  I walked into our office room this morning and saw a large (1-2 in) scorpion hanging out by the computer on the floor.  Silvio follows me into the room at which point - I'm hysterical.  I cry out for the dog to leave the room so he doesn't get stung.  I run into the bedroom towards Andy's closet.  I find the largest pair of boots Andy had (it's a good thing guys' feet are so much bigger than girls').  I run back into the office to find the scorpion hadn't moved.  I then proceed to beat the living daylights out of the scorpion with Andy's boot sole.  After I had ensured that it wasn't going to move again - I called Andy up to come back from class to help me clean up - cause I had no idea what to do.  I'm from the Northeast what do you expect - anything with more than two legs gets a squashing.  I think we deduced that there is a small crack between the screen and the window.  Since we hadn't fully engaged the lock on the window - it probably crawled in that way.  But the bigger kicker is that the bug/pest control guy was here at the apartment complex and I had just missed him when I spoke to the apartment manager about my run-in.  But they managed to get him to come in tomorrow afternoon to spray.  (I personally went on a spraying rampage once Andy got home).  Keep your fingers crossed I don't see anymore of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment