Yesterday afternoon a nice young lady knocked on the door of our apartment. She introduced herself and says she was canvassing the area to get people to register to vote. I told her that I was a registered out of state voter. (New Jersey represent! Although probably not for too much longer. I even filled out and got a new voter card after I got married. How good is that?) She responded with, "But you live here." I replied with "Yes, but I have an absentee ballot from my state." Sheesh. What part of registered out of state voter don't you get? If I know that information, one would come to the conclusion I know a thing or two about voting. It all ended with Silvio running out the front door to play in the muddy grass which led to me running around like an idiot to catch him.
Yes, I think it is great thing to get people to register. It's your right and privilege as a citizen of the United States of America. Personally, I think you should go to the county clerks office and do it yourself. Take some initiative. My reason for voting: it gives me the right to whine and complain or, alternatively, praise and take pride in how America is handling things.
With that, I need for people to not bother me about registering so I can make a decision for my absentee ballot. I'm still really quite muddled up to my ears in with this and all three recent debates have done very little to sway me in either direction. I guess I need to keep looking at Senate records and their proposed actions. At least -- my income tax class has given me a lot of insight into the tax code. Anyways, I should keep hush-hush on that - I hate it when people try to sway me with information they've found, so I don't want to do that here.
Back to the grind!
No comments:
Post a Comment