Color Me Impatient

On Wednesday, I honestly believed that I had very few job opportunities.  I had not received any communications from any applied to parties.  But Thursday, later in the after I got not one but two job offers.  The first was Central Texas College.  They are in desperate need of Math faculty - most of their students are taking their math courses online.  I am somewhat indifferent to the online course - but that is neither here nor there.  The second was Manhattan High School.  After speaking with Human Resources at the District, I will now be receiving a letter of intent from the district.  I then have to sign and return it to them. 

So what is the problem...today is probably the last day to get everything in order for my alternate route program.  So I was hustling about to pay tuition for four classes this summer (yes four, I am masochistic, I know this), two of which begin on Monday.  Yikes.  Forget about textbooks.  Lord knows, I probably won't see those show up until after I finish the courses.  The good thing is that the courses are online.  At least one of them is a math course - the rest are Edu courses.  I am sure I will be putting off all of those writing assignments.  Not entirely the best thing.  Doing this leaves me with only 2 other courses to take in the upcoming year - one more ed class, and History of Math.  Yes, History of Math - 1 credit.  Hurray for me.

Anyway, I am excited to teach in the fall.  It is a seven period day.  In at 7:45 am and out at 2:52 pm.  I have 1 prep, and 1 professional period.  There will be four periods of Algebra 1 - not freshman.  These will be sophomores who did not quite get it the first time around.  What is nice about these classes is they will have a max of 15 - 20 students.  No huge classes.  My other period will be Geometry.  The school is about 10 minutes from my house = nice commute.  Plus it keeps Andrew and I on the same schedule - up early in the morning...I'll be home in the afternoon, and we have the evening to spend together.

Oh - Andy should be home sometime next week from California.  Not sure when.  I will hopefully find out in the next day or so.  More important hope is that I don't go all crazy on him with schoolwork - like I am apt to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment