Fancy That...

I have yet again managed to forget entirely about my blog.  Needless to say, I have been busy teaching.  More worrying than teaching on most days. 

I hope since I have gotten into a rhythm with school, that maybe just maybe I can manage my time a bit more judiciously.  Also, I would like to keep a better record of my memories for the upcoming year.  Andy is deploying again with the 1 ID Division Headquarters - so I will be by myself for well...I suppose a year.  We will see how things play out.

I suppose the big update is that I only have two more classes left in the alternate route program - internship, and a survey on the "exceptional" child.  For the internship this semester, I need to write up my Teacher Work Sample by April. Primarily, it is 25 pages (more pages than I think is necessary) of information about the school, the community, and my unit of teaching.  I tried to play it smart and collect all of the data from a unit on triangles that took about 3 - 4 weeks.  My problem is that it needs to get typed up and handed in during the middle of the school year.  Why not ask for it to be completed during the summer semesters - when I do not have to spend a good majority of my time grading and creating lesson plans?  Poo. 

I also managed to get the Praxis PLT exam out of the way.  Surprisingly enough, I came up with 12 essays in about 2 hours time.  Trust me that is difficult seeing as I really could care less about any of the writing assignments I have to do for my classes.  It also didn't help that I only spent 1 summer on the topics covered - compared to all the college students in the room who had 4 years of education classes under their belts.  Score one for the home team.

I am somewhat sad now - our Christmas guests have left.  It was fantastic to have everyone out for the holiday.  I only wish that we had asked everyone to stay longer.  We now have a quiet empty house and it doesn't really help my being productive for school.  I have a couple of presentations to write and I would like to get about a week ahead on my lessons.  Lots of fun I am sure.

Anyway - I plan to post my New Year's Resolutions tomorrow.  I have a few I hope to keep.  But I am going to spend one more day relaxing and then going out for a fancy dinner tonight at Harry's.  Probably our last big date night out before the deployment.  It should have been New Year's Eve reservations but we were late in calling.  But tonight works fantastically.

No comments:

Post a Comment