Day 274

Week seven of the school year is over.  It was unbelievably long and trying.  I had to have several stern talks to my students - about grades and behavior.  I also had some issues with professional work that I need complete this year.  Needless to say I was a bit stressed out this week.

I met up with some friends on Friday evening to see Janis Ian.  She is a folksinger from the '60s.   A very controversial artist.  Probably the most well known song of hers is "At Seventeen".  I found the concert to be quite enjoyable and also very insightful.  It is amazing to hear about how different life was like only 50 years ago.  Not to mention it was nice to do something somewhat cultural.  Next month, Spamlot is coming to town.  I need to find out if I can get tickets.

Did you notice the day - 274?  Nine months over and done with.   Already have moved into the 10th month.  Only a manageable number of weeks left until Andy gets home.  I managed to get the rest of the semester's lessons finished.   That means I can actually start enjoying some of my weekends.   So I already have.

Right now I am watching Beauty and the Beast on Blu-Ray.  It is really quite amazing.  It reminds me of when I first watched it - except the animation seems soooo much crisper.  I think that might go on a Disney movie watching kick again.  I love Disney movies.

On the book front.  I started reading Don't Take My Lemonade Stand.  But I don't like it - just not my style.  I guess I will just start on some of the other books that I have.

Only 2 more weeks until the end of the quarter...

No comments:

Post a Comment