New Year Resolutions: 2012

I did a bit of reflection over the past year.  Loads of people choose to make resolutions about how they will get fit in the new year, or get out of debt, or quit smoking - but I feel like that isn't big enough.  I would like to challenge myself to be a better person.  While those help the body, it does not to much to strengthen your moral fabric.  So I chose for this year to have one really big resolution to focus on.  Here it is:

Be patient and flexible.  Maybe that just seems to simple but it entails a lot.  I am a creature of habit and routine.  I have my systems - they are comforting.  To know that things are going to happen in a certain way at a certain time.  I don't have to worry.  When those routines and systems get messed up, I get impatient and angry.  My son has done to quite a bit to ease some of my anxiety but in other areas he has only heightened it.  Plus, it goes without saying that the army lifestyle requires lots of flexibility, which I am slowly taking in stride.  Believe me, I would not have chosen to live some of the places the army has sent us.

There are other things I would like to accomplish this year as well:
  • Keep this blog updated
  • Knit
  • Cook new meals
  • Create my own personal cookbook- with nice formatting, pictures, the works  (right now I just have this jumbled mess papers which bothers the living daylights out of me)
  • Take more pictures to chronicle our little family
I think the bullets are doable, the italics a continuing work in progress.

Hope all of your New Year's Resolutions are attainable. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Resa! I like your New Year's resolutions--good luck with them!

    I love the personal cookbook idea (go figure, right?). I've been keeping my recipes in the program Evernote, which isn't necessarily pretty in terms of format, but it does a nice job of cataloging and tagging everything. It lets you do some formatting and include a couple pictures with each. The other awesome thing is that you can log in from the program, online, or an iPhone/Android phone. It's worth checking out if you want a nice balance of simplicity and format. :)
    *hugs and love to you and yours this New Years!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suz!

    Thanks. Good luck with your resolutions.

    I have been using a little organizer program called Yum! but the software has not been updated in a few years. I almost would like to start fresh but if I can not find a program that is reasonably priced. Push comes to shove - I'll muddle through creating a template in Word, as annoying as that would be.

    ReplyDelete