My son has been awake for what seems like eternity. Even as I type, one-handed mind you, he is still awake, nuzzled in the crook of my left arm with his eye-lids fluttering. He has been wide-eyed since about 2230 last night.
It seems to me that he all of a sudden realized that the world was out there - he could stuff his fists in his mouth, kick his feet, "ooh" and "aah", and guess what the world will respond to him. Albeit, mommy does not always respond as quickly as we would like. The pugs are amusing to him except on the rare occasions John is having tummy time and they decide to go nuts and nearly step all over him.
The big kicker I guess is that JT has started sucking his thumb. Not only his thumb, his entire fist. Why would anyone want one measly finger when you can have five stuck in your mouth?
Well, that was not the post I had intended on for today. I really just wanted to write about our Christmas eating/cooking extravaganza. Maybe I will manage it once "Daddy" gets home, so boy can sleep on him all night.

No comments:
Post a Comment