Lately, I have felt a little bit on the sad side concerning my running. Maybe I just shouldn't be running this crazy 10k in eight weeks. During all of my workouts, I have felt like, well, for lack of a better term poop.
The stroller is not comfortable to run with. I am out of breath in a matter of seconds. My knee that stopped my running in college feels like it is on fire and does not seem to want to work properly. Add to that my pathetic times - yes, I am tracking the amount of time I spend on my runs - and I am just depressed about the whole idea of getting back into running.
But today, something clicked and it wasn't my knee. The run felt smooth. I didn't feel like I had massive stores of tense energy in my shoulders. I completed the 2.2 mile run without stopping to walk - that means I actually ran both of the huge hills (82 ft in elevation, i really like the mapmyrun app).
Using the app, I was able to log my mile splits as well. My first mile run about 3 weeks ago with the stroller - I did in about 13 minutes. Today, my mile splits were 11:24. I am so happy with my consistency and that I am getting closer to one of my goals - mile splits at about 10 minutes. Now I just need to keep at it and start adding mileage. I definitely feel that I can manage a 10k in under hour and half with the stroller.
I miss running. I am glad that I am getting back into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment