Week 8 of School

Holy Moly! We made it to week eight. The boys have been participating in two months of school. It is amazing but I can not believe how busy and how much of a whirlwind it has been.

This past weekend we enjoyed a bit of an extended weekend with Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day. It was needed by all, especially me. I took a substitute teaching job somewhat last minute last week. I was surprised by how some things about teaching, while rusty, came back pretty quickly. But I was also surprised by the detriment to social development that kids have had due to the pandemic. I felt a bit horrible for not getting to everything and also for feeling unprepared for level of movement and wiggles that took place. I have some ideas for what to do better next time. 

We also convinced a few visitors to stay with us, namely, Grandma Carol and Grandpa Ron. It was such a fun time that I did not get a chance to take any pictures. Shocking! We spent some time at the National Museum of the US Army. The boys really enjoyed that and they spent some allowance/chore money on some lego-style sets at the gift shop. Later that same day we had the pleasure of having Aunt Kathy and Uncle John come over for a little barbecue and fire pit action. On Sunday, we enjoyed a slightly less jam packed day filled with some church goings-on followed by John, Thomas, and myself getting our flu shots.  I am still feeling a bit achey from that jab. Better safe than sorry!

Anyway, this week looks to be busy with some doctor appointments, which make the schedule crazy, plus another shot at substitute teaching for me. We are looking forward to another weekend of visitors as well.

Oh, but before I sign off, two weeks ago the boys had school pictures taken. I got an email with the final results. Can you believe we have not had school pictures taken in about 3 years? Check out this 5th and 3rd grader!




Which background do you like better? I only ordered a couple of little wallets and such but the company is linked with Shutterfly, so I could probably make some weird projects with their faces on them.

1 comment:

  1. I like the book background and their wonderful smiles!

    ReplyDelete