8.5 hour days are boring!

I figure I really haven’t posted anything of significance recently. It has been a boring work sort of life. Still enjoying my car. I am happy it is summer here at Brookdale but the days just drag on forever. Then when I get home I have no energy to do my Pilates. Hopefully when all of the season finales for my shows are done with, I will just set out to do my exercising.

Anyways, I am going to adjunct next fall for one of the pre-algebra classes. I am quite excited about it. Now maybe I will not feel so much like a tool. Yeah, I feel like a tool at work. Just sit around waiting to answer peoples’ questions. Plus I get to have full control over the material and grading. I now have the whole summer to plan out lessons, quizzes and tests. By the fall I really shouldn’t have to do anything except for teaching and grading. Hurray. Not to mention the extra cash will come in handy.

Also I managed to pick out a couple of more schools to apply to. As I make steps to through this application process, I am starting to get this big sinking feeling that I won’t be accepted. If I do get accepted, it won’t be on terms amenable to my situation. There is this little voice in the back of my head that says, don’t let yourself get rejected like this. Go enroll at Kean for a Masters of Education and get into the classroom real fast. But my other little inkling says, you have always wanted those three letters attached to your name and the title Professor. If I don’t do anything, I know I’ll be stuck here in the job forever because it is secure, and I am no risk taker. Ugh. *Need to stop thinking about not getting in and actually apply* So here is my list: Princeton, Rutgers, Duke, Virginia Tech, Old Dominion, NC State, University of South Carolina, and Vanderbilt. Reminds me, I need to email Dave and Ben about it. Also need to sign up for the stupid subject test again.

In 5 weeks, I’ll be enjoying the sunshine and the Big Mouse. Other than that I am a boring, boring person with no life.

Well, if life doesn’t work out I can always join a convent.





Star Wars Horoscope for Virgo




You show efficiency when working for a good cause.
But you tend to be a bit fussy when it comes to doing something out of the ordinary.
Like many Virgos, you want to stay out of the spotlight.
You do well at picking up the smallest details.

Star wars character you are most like: C3P0

No comments:

Post a Comment