Apparently, New Jersey is stuck in what the weather people call a “Bermuda Heat Wave”. Lots of words for— It’s god-damned hot outside!! Supposedly, it may come to an end if the remnants of Tropical Storm Arlene (Arleen?) ever make it here.
Sorry for the random meteorological update, back to our regularly scheduled programming. Friday night was the Hanson concert. We get to the parking lot about a half hour before doors open at 7:30. *My biggest pet peeve ever, right here* Beck and I figure we’ll get on the line around 7:30. We came for the music, not to be smushed like sardines in a can. 7:30 rolls around and the line isn’t moving and it has wrapped around the back of the building and through 2 parked rows of cars. Did I mention the show was sold out? They don’t open the doors until quarter after 8. If the ticket says 7:30, be done with the freakin’ sound check by 7:15, it isn’t that hard is it?!?!?!? Anyways, by the time we got in it was 8:45. Just in time to see the opening band play 3 count them 3 songs. Which I guess is good because I didn’t care for them too much, except for their cover of Hard Days Night, which was pretty good, I’ll give them that. It took another half hour for Hanson to actually come on stage. Show was great. I have to give them that, I may not be a huge fan of the new stuff, but the show was good. But throughout this, Theresa must make friends. Who is it this time but a 40+ year old woman. She asks me to make sure no one takes her spot in the bar area. Oh and if some middle aged guy comes looking for his wife, you can let him stand here. Can we say drunk a little? Well she returns with her drink…Bailey’s with who knows what in it. She proceeds to tell me the other bar ran out of Bailey’s so she needs to be on this side. Her entire family loves Hanson. They went to their first show in Vancouver, her husband, daughter and herself. And they were just in awe. She also shared that she must always be on IKE’s side of the stage. He’s the best. Just a totally amusing exchange. All in all the night was enjoyable. By the time we got outside it was nice and cool, compared to the cooker that is the Starland Ballroom.
Saturday was a party, ie, sit outside for 3 hours in the heat, trying not to stick on launch chairs, and generally try to seem like I’m a coherent human being after a late evening. I believe it was a success. But what do I know about anything.
It seems like I have been tagged so-
List five songs that you are currently digging. It doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the five songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.
1. Hanson- Get Up and Go
2. Something Corporate- Hurricane
3. Weezer- Beverly Hills
4. Jimmy Eat World- Futures
5. Beatles- A Hard Day’s Night
Ugh at least I’m not sitting at home where everyone else is. For some reason having 3 other people at home just makes me really nutsy and uber tense. So I guess it is a good thing I am out of the house working. Not that I’m super happy about working. Gives me something to do.
Oh- I’m going to try to make some Pulled BBQ pork over the weekend. Watch this be an experiment that goes horribly wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment