So I haven't written in a while.
1. My gre subject test is over. I will never, I repeat, never take another gre related exam ever again. ETS could go...suck a walnut for all I care. But the upside is all of my applications related activities are over and I have had the oppurtunity to now calm down. Get back to doing everything that I've been neglecting recently.
2. Things are looking really good for my mom. The hope is, keep your fingers crossed, that her last treatment will be at the beginning of December and she will be done in time for Christmas. What a cool present that would be.
3. Tonight is chill night, with Beckie. It includes...well it no longer includes handiwork seeing as we masterfully put together her television stand, but it will include brownies and fun movies. Hurray!! Saturday looks to be a day of shopping...I refuse to go out shopping on Black Friday. I can't stand people on Black Friday. Then maybe some hanging out in the evening on Saturday.
4. Oh....my brother came home by surprise on Wednesday. Well it wasn't a surprise for me, seeing as he told me. But the scream that came out of my mother when he came out from hiding in the closet was classic. "Where is your brother, we know he is here. His car is outside." "His laundry is in the waching machine." "Did he take the dog for a walk?---No ma, the dog is sitting right here." "Is he out for a run in the cold and the rain? No he wouldn't do something silly like that." It was great.
5. Harry Potter and work. I think last night was the second most stupidest thing I've ever done that is work-related. Never...ever go to a midnight showing of a movie...on a Thursday night. I suppose you could go if the movie was only an hour and a half. But 2.5 hours is not good. Especially when you need to be up by 6am so you can be at work by 8 am. But the upside of my inability to keep my eyes from completely shutting this morning is the fact that I got to see Goblet of Fire. Don't read below if you don't want to know about the movie...or my thoughts.
Goblet of Fire
1. It is nothing like the book, outside of the major plot development. If you love Dobby, the Dursleys, Winky, or the actual game of quidditch at the World Cup, you will be sorely disappointed. They do not exist in this movie at all.
2. They messed up some of the original major-plot lines to make the movie 2.5 hours. But the movie did not slow down at all. I thought some of the thirdy movie was kinda dragging. This one was a fast paced 2.5 hours. I couldn't believe was still awake.
3. If nothing else, you need to see the movie for the graveyard scene, as well as the dragon challenge. Oh and I can't forget...the Dark Mark....extremely ominous. I believe they took the look and feel straight from Mary .... Pre, the illustrator of the covers of the book. It was so chilling to actually see it. Wow. The dragon challenge was exciting and heart-racing. *I did really like how they keep it true to the book....you do not see how the other contestants fare against their dragons. Oh and I want one of the minature dragons they each receive when they pick out their...foe.* The graveyard scene was absolutely amazing. You get a glimpse early in the movie of the Avada Kadvra curse at work...but to see it on a person. Holy moly. The transformation of Voldemort from weird slimy baby, to person was somewhat disturbing, in that...he really is just...evil sort of way. Here's the big reason why I like the graveyard scene. I think if you have in your mind's eye...the picture of what it is like when Voldemort and Harry have their wands connected and priori incantatem is at work...this movie is dead on. I was in awe at how much this sequence was, exactly how I had imagined it through Rowling's writing.
4. You may get the feeling that it is Harry and Hermione who have this weird "like" tension going on through the movie. It was weird. Ron's awareness of Hermione takes a back seat to everything. I don't feel that it was as prevalent as it was in the book. Oh yeah...and Hermione's dress is pink in the movie...I was really hoping to see her in that deep dark blue-violet gown *Right? the gown is violet in the book, or am I making it up?!?!?*. Why oh why must girls always wear pink?!?!?!?
5. All in all, I liked the movie. Very hard to pull off with a text so full of details. Tell you the truth, all I wanted to see was the dragons and the graveyard scene. So I was not disappointed. Go see for yourself.
On a lighter note....only about 7 more classes this semester of teaching. Wahoo. Hope you are all doing well. Ta-ta for now. Oh yeah...Go me and my skills of lj-cutting.
No comments:
Post a Comment