Yeah. So Thursday night, I finally sat down and made my decision. This whole situation had seriously messed me up the past couple of weeks. Threw my whole body out of whack. Lack of an appetite, not really wanting to do anything, serious stomach issues. Now that it is all done I feel so relieved.
So the big story was that ODU was so...disgusted about my not giving them a decision, that they gave me until Friday to tell them yes or no, or else they were going to retract their offer. Since I don't let anyone get the better hand...I told them no...and that next time if they want a quick decision they should tell people in the acceptance letter when they would like a reply. Dick-weeds.
A good moral in life: Always make friends with the secretary. Because when shit hits the fan...they usually know who to call. So I spoke to the grad secretary at VT- so helpful...she said I'm really sorry, but I haven't seen anything come across my desk for you. So you know what...you do what you want to do.
Final Answer: University of South Carolina to the rescue. I realized this week that they actually wanted an answer by the 31st. I was like schnikeys!! But I sent along an email to the grad director. He sent back a response, and it was so kind...and helpful, and happy that I had chosen to go there. It was like night and day compared to all the shit I've gone through with these schools. I guess I'm relieved.
Beck and I went out Friday night. So good to hang out. Got to meet the new boy. He's nice and sweet. So I approve. I'm happy for her. Yey beck.
Anyways...catch ya on the flip side.
No comments:
Post a Comment