So right now I am at Tech...the whole Visitor's Day sh-bang is over and I've been somewhat recounting almost every dumb thing I've done since the start of senior year at Dickinson. I should have taken the subject GRE then. I should have applied to schools then. I would have had a marginally better chance. I knew I liked doing the research...I should have just gone with it no matter how freakin' burned out I felt at the end of that year. I shouldn't have waited 1+ years to do applications.
Oh, Vanderbilt sent a no about a week and a half ago. I know NC State sent out acceptances *it's always good talking to some of the other gals here*, so I must be stuck in the "-uck me over and tell me no on April 10" pile. I was somewhat glad to hear that no one who was here over the weekend had heard from Duke either. But I think I'm certain what answer it is that I will get from them. I thought I heard something last night while wandering around that I was going to get in to Tech...but who knows...more than half the people there were drunk. Yes, the professors very much included. I love *wet* departments.
And you all thought I was somewhat smart. How is that for a kick in the face? I'll just go back to knitting, and teaching people how to multiply negative numbers, cause that is about all I am good for.
On I guess what would be considered a brighter note- I really did like the grad students here. They were very cool. Funniest thing I guess is that I ended up hanging out with this guy John, from Millersville, who knows the guy (Andrew) who gave literally the exact same talk as me at the Student Conference I had to give my billiards presentation (fortunately I went first). Oddly enough, I found out the Andrew is at Rutgers in NB doing graduate work there. Effin' small effin' world. So maybe if emailing occurs I might go say hello to him at some point. Who knows.
I guess maybe I'll go and start writing out some notes and such for my class even though I have no material with me. Or maybe some test questions or something. I'll just sit in the room debating my slim dinner options.
No comments:
Post a Comment