Juxtaposition

So it is finally completed. The blanket that is. I've finished sewing up all the sections that I had knit. I had to take a picture for everyone...so that I have it for posterity. Unfortunately I don't have a wonderful livejournal account so it won't post the picture in my entry. I did put it on facebook though. 1 whole year of my life. So much has happened in that year. Amazing. I need another long project to put my energies into. Maybe I'll knit a bunch of scarves with the left over yarn from the blanket. We will see.

This weekend I went to the shooting range with Greg and Trey. I shot a 22 and 9 mm gun. Yes, you read that correctly. I shot two guns. I feel like if these are machines that are in all the guys' homes...I need to be comfortable handling it (there is a lot of gun talk in the group...and besides, I am in the South). Trey showed me how to load the clips (magazines) with rounds, get the gun set up for shooting, as well as how to grip the gun. I started with the 22. It seemed more like a toy gun then an actual gun. No sort of recoil. Now the 9 mm. That was an intimidating experience. It had some weight to it - and I have very little armstrength to begin with - so holding it out steady at arms length took a lot of getting used to. This gun had some kick to it, so much so, that I was readjusting the gun in anticipation of the shot. It took me a while to get used to it...not to mention the force at which the shells are released from the gun. I shot at a couple of targets. The guys seemed kinda impressed. I didn't do to badly, I guess. I wasn't lining things up really exactly but I was consistent in my area of shooting. I wasn't shooting all over timbuktu...a nice compact area on the targets. It was quite an experience.

Yesterday afternoon I found out that my friend Amanda got engaged to her boyfriend Dan. Very exciting. Surprised at the time...but it is wonderful.

I should probably be studying and getting ready for the class today. Catch ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment