A-waiting

I suppose for the first time since I have been at SC I taught my first class. The professor of the calculus class that I ta for is away at a conference. He needed coverage for two classes. Guess who got that little job. I was kinda somewhat nervous. I was more annoyed that I had to get up at the butt-crack of dawn to get my workout done and still manage to make it to the class on time. Not to mention the lecture is not held in the math building but in the god-awful Physical Sciences Center, trust me it looks like no one decided to clean that building in ages. You would think it was spotless with all the chemical crap students are working with over there, but no. I'm going to make a blanket statement- and this has nothing to do with the prof who I tag team with- but I am pretty sure the students were a bit happier I was there to teach them. Sentiments were of the nature- for the first time this semester I was able to understand the lecture...several of those. Nice ego boosters. We'll see how happy they are when I introduce the crazy derivatives next time.

I had my first Analysis exam last week. I guess the best thing happened, comparatively to last semester, I did really really well on this exam. I guess what is awful is that on the whole the class didn't do spectacularly. The exam had 4 questions. The 4th question- no one, i repeat no one in the class got right, not even the really really smart people (yeah I'm not one of them).

I spoke to Andrew just lately- his leave has been changed yet again (I'm not counting how many times) to the end of April. I believe this is the official time frame- confirmed and all that jazz. It's a little sad it being changed what seemed like everyother time we've spoken, but it will definitely be a nice present at the end of the semester. By that time we'll be halfway done with all this "stuff". What a comforting thought.

Well, in just about 2 weeks, I get to see my Suzer in P-burgh. Not a long trip, but a trip nonetheless. I am excited. I have never been out to Pittsburgh- I fear that I won't have enough cold weather gear (who goes North on Spring Break???). Oh well.

Can you tell I have been trying to avoid doing my actual work or studying? If you have insights on the problem: f_n is a sequence of nonnegative measurable functions such that f_n converges to f almost everywhere and suppose that the integral of f_n converges to the integral of f less than infinity, then for each measurable set E we have the integral over E of f_n converges to the integral over E of f. please forward thoughts and comments in my general direction.

Apologies- I won't bore anyone with such "obvious" (as my professor would say, it is his favorite phrase) simple thoughts. I'll check back in sometime when I have something useful to say. oh and I leave you with a super awesome oldies song- Bus Stop by The Hollies :

Bus stop, wet day, she's there, I say
Please share my umbrella
Bus stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows
Under my umbrella

All that summer we enjoyed it
Wind and rain and shine
That umbrella, we employed it
By August, she was mine

Every morning I would see her waiting at the stop
Sometimes she'd shopped and she would show me what she bought
All the people stared as if we were both quite insane
Someday my name and hers are going to be the same

That's the way the whole thing started
Silly but it's true
Thinkin' of a sweet romance
Beginning in a queue

Came the sun the ice was melting
No more sheltering now
Nice to think that that umbrella
Led me to a vow

Every morning I would see her waiting at the stop
Sometimes she'd shopped and she would show me what she bought
Other people stared as if we were both quite insane
Someday my name and hers are going to be the same

Bus stop, wet day, she's there, I say
Please share my umbrella
Bus stop, bus goes, she stays, love grows
Under my umbrella

All that summer we enjoyed it
Wind and rain and shine
That umbrella, we employed it
By August, she was mine

No comments:

Post a Comment