I figured a post was in order for two reasons,
1) I feel like I have lost touch with a bunch of people by not leaving a little entry
2) Because the constant stream of studying which I have been doing...well it sure as heck is crimping my style (I have no idea what my style is but it isn't studying)
My trip out to see Suzie was awesome. There was very little that could make it...not awesome. It was great to see Pittsburgh- it seems to me more like a sprawling sort of city as opposed to like NYC. We did a lot of chatting and hit up a cool museum and a wonderful breakfast place. I'm so glad I went. I was in need of a trip to see someone from college. Don't get me wrong- I like my group here at SC but it isn't quite the same (waffles and ice cream, singing a cappella, campus dances, concerts *grrr JM why the heck are you at Dickinson when I am not...not great thinking on your part*, meeting for dinner at the cushies, grab-n-go lunches, parties at the boys' townhouse, playing pool at the Quarry). But I really should be saying thanks...cause for the first time in a while...I got a chance to talk about Andrew without having to explain any sort of background history...cause well, she's knows all of it.
Because of Suzy and her Wii, I was finally convinced to buy one for myself. I love it. I play it now whenever I get the chance, which sadly is maybe once a week. How awful.
My parents came to visit at the end of Spring Break. What an adventure that was. They knew it was going to snow on Friday, so they decided to start driving Thursday night and lo and behold they're flight got cancelled. Friday afternoon they arrived- we went out for some pizza, some shopping, and then for dinner we went to this nice little sushi restaurant. Saturday though- the airline tried to get them on another flight out of Newark. But you couldn't get anyone on the phone to fix it...seeing as they were already in Columbia. So what did we do...drove to the airport to actually talk to someone to fix it. After a bit of haggling...and waiting for the person who held all the power to come over and say yes...press that button, we got it all worked out. Then we hung out at Five Points for a bit to enjoy the St. Paddy's Day festivities. Took a drive up to NC for dinner and some shopping with the Picc's. Sunday we walked around the state museum and then they left. It was nice to have them here for a bit.
Other than that- I feel entirely overworked. Too much studying for tests that get squeezed into the last couple of weeks of the semester. I think I have like 4 more in the next 5 weeks. Eww. Other news I suppose- Andrew got moved to a new job, somewhere else, doing something else in Iraq. I know lots of fun. So who knows when he will actually come home. It's been...frustrating to say the least. But I signed on for it...so I shouldn't complain...a lot. I hope I get to see him before the start of next semester. That is all I am hoping for right now, not much else.
Well crazy kids- I'm gonna get back to studying or something that resembles studying. In the meantime- just smile and nod.
No comments:
Post a Comment