Oh what did I do? Honestly nothing spectacular - but I feel so proud having accomplished on my own. Yesterday in the midst of some driving my car tells me that the battery in my key is dying. Yes, my car is very smart. No, I am not making up the fact that my car talks to me. Okay so it doesn't exactly talk, it leaves coherent messages on my dashboard like - Take for Oil Service, Key Battery Low, Right Passenger door Ajar. Helpful things like that. *No they are not little stupid lights on the dashboard...it actually types out little words on a screen.* Impressive right?? So anyway, back to the battery in my key dying. Ack. I read the owner's manual to find out the battery type and any sort of work I might have to do to get to the battery. Now my initial thought is I can just take it to the dealer and have them fix it. No luck, dealer is closed on Sunday. I decided to take matters into my own hands. Road trip to CVS to obtain said battery. Back home - whip out manual and my toolkit. In under fifteen minutes I have the old battery out and a brand spankin' new one in. But I couldn't be sure of my handiwork. I run outside in the ooky rain and attempt to unlock my car doors. Presto - I hear the magical click of the locks unhinging. Oh joyous day. I did it all on my own - no manly help at all. :o)
On an even happier note - around this time tomorrow Andrew will be here. I almost don't know what to do with myself - outside of fixing my car keys.
Catch ya later.
No comments:
Post a Comment