It's a holiday, the unofficial start of summer. I have nothing spectacular to do. For about two months or so, I have been wanting to try to make a new recipe. As you can imagine, I haven't been able to because of the rigors of school. I wanted to make a proscuitto/chicken dish. I've been pseudo-scouring around for some good recipes, nothing really catching my eye. To the rescue - the Italian and Pasta cookbook Suzer got me a while back. It had something really good, but I didn't like the entire recipe. So I cut out the part that really didn't rock my boat and tried my hand at it this evening. It turned out superbly. I really do enjoy cooking - I think maybe I missed my calling. I feel so good while I'm doing it...and then getting to eat it afterwards. Ah, heaven. Oh maybe you want the recipe:
Proscuitto Wrapped Chicken
1/2 cup frozen spinach, defrosted (next time I might try it fresh) and chopped up a bit (don't get the creamed or with butter sauce kind :oP is the response I think you will get if you do this)
1/2 cup Ricotta cheese (I didn't use whole milk)
4 boneless chicken breasts
4-8 thin slices of proscuitto
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
parmesan cheese
pecorino remano cheese
salt & pepper
Mix spinach and Ricotta cheese. Add a bit of the two other cheeses for some flavoring along with a bit of salt and pepper. In each chicken breast make a slit in the chicken to form a pocket. Then fill the pocket with the spinach mixture. Reshape the chicken and wrap the breast with a slice (or 2) of proscuitto. Secure the proscuitto to the chicken with a toothpick. Heat the butter and oil in a skillet. Brown each chicken breast for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish (I like to drizzle what is left of the butter and olive oil over the chicken to keep the flavor in). Now cook uncovered in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Can serve with side of green beans...or maybe carrots...or rice or whatever tickles your fancy.
On a happy note as well - I got my final class grade. I did well. So I am a happy camper.
Just one week to go to total relaxation time. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment