Elevator Encounter

Lately, after returning from school in the afternoon I have been taking the elevator to the 5th floor.  It really is a cop out when you think there are 20 floors.  I really do try to take the stairs.  But on this fateful trip in the elevator I met a young gentlemen who is currently residing on the 3rd floor.  Don't get me started on why he was in the elevator - even lacking a a heavy text-laden bookbag - he really should have taken the stairs.  After he had kindly pressed the button for my floor as well as his, he gives me a funny look up and down.

    "Do you happen to have any lady bug problems in the fifth floor?"

I almost wanted to laugh.  But I kept a straight face and replied that yes, I had had a lady bug issue.  He to asks me well what did you do?  At this point you can imagine, the elevator door has already opened (we only traveled up 2 floors) and seemed to be on the verge of closing without the gentleman having gotten off.  I told him I just got some bug spray and sprayed the door-jam for my balcony on a continuous basis for 3 days.  After which I pointed to the elevator door, seeing as he hadn't realized it was starting to close.  "Oh, thanks."  You are welcome.

    "Dear swarming Lady-Bug population, Thank you for choosing this guy's third floor apartment as your residence and not mine.  -Theresa"

No comments:

Post a Comment