Week 1

I was going to title (and post) this entry last week under the guise of "Week 1 = Poop".  It mostly was until Friday afternoon.  Yes, you can yell at me for only having to teach for 50 minutes three times a week, and attending one class all semester for 75 minutes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  But the first week always feels unbelievably overwhelming.  This time even more so - because I realized there is a bunch of forms and things you need to fill out to do this whole graduation thing.  Doing this requires setting up meeting times with so-called "important" people.  But they are so busy the first week or so - that it just seems impossible to get done.  I think it felt even more worse because I was unable to get my own schedule nailed down.  It finally has gotten worked out - so I guess I'll be able to sleep at night.

But the reason for the delay of "Week 1 = Poop" is that on Friday afternoon I received a phone call asking me if a someone very special should get on a flight to Columbia because they had a 4 day weekend.  Now normally my little voice of reason would say - gosh, that is crazy - you know how much an plane ticket will cost this late in the game - quite a bit is the correct answer.  Some how the voice of reason didn't even get a chance to talk because out burst high-pitched yes-es faster than a pitching machine at the batting cages.  So needless to say Weekend 1 was great.  Too bad the rest of the weekends this semester can not even come close to topping that.

Well, now I feel extremely lonely.  I dropped Andy off at the airport this morning and I just about didn't want to go into school today.  I could just as well not gone, since I was the least bit productive - outside of sort of figuring out how to go about typing my masters thesis in LaTeX.  I hope this week I can finish off the lectures through the first exam for my 122 class, and start building pieces of my thesis.  Wedding related tasks:  I need to sign us up for a Pre-Cana session, write a bunch of emails to people involved with wedding, start gathering up song ideas for the dj, and possibly creating a minute by minute run down of the important day (not that I specifically have those sorts of details...just create a file for me to fill them in).  Other than that - I plan on continuing to bite my nails and be super nervous about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment