Well, I am in the army now. I have been having some difficulty getting used to it. Not having total control over what I am doing and when i am doing it - has caused some tension. I have feel that I have very little knowledge of the military - I don't feel like I am in the club yet - so I fear I might make some serious public snafu. But I think so far I am doing alright. The big test is today. Andy will be getting promoted to Captain. I do have a part in the ceremony. I am really anxious about being in front of people I don't know. Oh well. Maybe I'll put some shots up on facebook.
Other news. I still have thank you notes to write. We had a barbeque on Saturday which was nice - went a little overboard on the food. But hey I can't complain about leftovers. I met a few people. They all have been very nice. I've procured a few new Wii games. Lego: Indiana Jones - a lot of fun to play. Each level you have what you need to make it through - but there are parts that are locked - so as you unlock more characters from each movie you can replay levels and get more hidden stuff. The Dog Island - a recommendation to me. I don't do to well with Action RPGs like Resident Evil, so this is definitely more my speed. You play as a dog and your sister/brother dog gets ill. You are on a mission to find a special dog doctor to make your sibling well. I like it - Andy finds it somewhat childish. And for the big score - Sunday we went to Best Buy and was able to pick up Mario Kart Wii. Needless to say, last night we spent the evening kart-ing. You start with 4 basic cups, 10 characters to choose from, and 6 possible vehicles. What is neat - some of the Mario Kart races come from previous versions of Mario Kart - like Peach Beach and Waluigi Stadium. There are a couple of new items - although I'm not so sure since I only compare the game to the N64 version. My pet peeve - as I opened the Mario Kart game box - I checked to see what controllers are usable for the game. I thought that you needed to have the wheel. Apparently not. You can play with the remote and nunchuks, the original controller, or a game cube controller. Pain in the behind - why doesn't Nintendo just sell the darn game by itself. People want to play the game - but it's hard to find because YOU (Nintendo) have to package it with the a darn wheel. Anyway, I will say the wheel is fun to play with and we managed to unlock one of the 4 extra cups last night. If anyone is listening out there, I just want a Wii Fit for my birthday - yes, it is still 2 months away, but that is what I want.
Anyway - I have some things to do - like figure out what to wear to this promotion ceremony. Catch ya later.
No comments:
Post a Comment