End of 2009

Well here I am staring down the start of a new year.  I am a bit intimidated by it all.  In just under 10 days, Andy will be gone for the duration of the year.  That means I am stuck with handling everything with the new house, taxes, my job, the cars, shoot everything.  One would think that I managed pretty darn well on my own while in graduate school.  This should be a snap.  Somehow, being out in Kansas, over 700 miles away from any sort of relations, seems so much more difficult.

I plan on sending lots of packages and hoping that family and relatives will send some too.  I am excited to use Google's talk feature - hurray for video-conferencing.  For right now, I know that most of his battle will be against the dreaded paperwork, but still I am frightened.

As for my expectations for myself for this year, the big one is to try not to be too much of a workaholic, get my exercise on, do some more knitting, and possibly try some new recipes (although with only 1 person in the house not sure how often that will be).  I would like to explore more of Kansas as well but I would need to do all the driving myself :oP.  Lastly, I hope that we can manage to sock away some money this year - I don't need much in way of food and shouldn't be doing too much shopping, although every now and again I get the urge.

That is about it.  Not totally gung-ho about the new year but now super depressed either.

No comments:

Post a Comment