CrockPot Pizza

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  CrockPot Pizza.  Yeah, I know.  I did not exactly have a lot of confidence in the whole pizza in a slowcooker idea.  Yet, I could not resist the novelty of the idea.  So being a little lazy, I decided what the heck, let's do this thing!

CrockPot Pizza

Ingredients

1 Can of refrigerated pizza dough
1-2 Cups of pizza sauce
1-2 Cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
Your favorite toppings
Steps:
1.  Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray.  Don't skimp out on the spray, you want that pizza to slide out at the end of the cooking process.
2.  Unroll the pizza dough and spread along the bottom of the cooker.  Let edges come up 1 inch on the sides.
3.  Spread pizza sauce, cover with cheese, and top with your favorite toppings.
4.  Cover slow cooker.  Cook on HIGH for 2 and a half hours.  Uncover and let cool for 20 -30 minutes.  Carefully remove from slow cooker and enjoy!
Finished Product:
When I first lifted the top of the slowcooker, this was the site I saw:

Call me surprised.  I didn't think it would be so...normal looking when it was done.  After carefully extracting the pizza, I got a better look at it:

All in all, it was quite tasty.  Too bad I couldn't eat all of it.  So go ahead and make your pizza in your CrockPot, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment