With two small children, it is hard to keep myself from comparing them. They are so close in age that I can remember their infant time easily.
 |
| JT at 3 months |
 |
| Thomas at 3 months |
I catch myself saying "wow, Thomas, you are huge!" on a very frequent basis. I have to keep reminding myself that Thomas was 50 percentile across the board. He is average while JT had a bunch of hurdles to overcome.
When I think about the first few months of JT's life, I am grateful that we have had very few issues with Thomas. Those first couple of months were a hellish experience with JT and I am glad I kept my mind open to the option of having a second child. We are so blessed to have giggly Thomas. That is not to say that we are not blessed to have JT - just that JT's beginning makes me cherish the "normalcy" of Thomas's entrance into the world. Little or big things like pumping to help keep JT healthy in the NICU to Thomas eating cool formula from the fridge; waiting for JT to put on enough weight be big enough to sit in the bouncer to Thomas growing out of clothes like it is his job; or how it took nearly 6 months to get JT to sleep through the night whereas Thomas sleeps 9+ hours at 3 months. I think the pictures below are a better match then their monthly age:
 |
| Thomas at 3 months |
 |
| JT at 6 months |
They are totally brothers. There is no doubt about that. Also no doubt - that I love them to the ends of the earth!
No comments:
Post a Comment