Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

It is a Monday - so it is a slow cooker sort of evening.  We are trying out a new recipe for pork tenderloin.  This is supposed to be a special occasion slow cooker recipe.  Hey, Mondays are rough - so why not make dinner a special occasion!  Okay, maybe that is a stretch.  My thought process is if it is really good - then making for a holiday meal will be a snap.  Here it is:

Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients
1 package pork tenderloin (2 loins to a package)
1 package bacon
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup white sugar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tsp white vinegar
Steps
1.  Wrap tenderloins with bacon, trying to cover the loins completely.
2.  Mix remaining ingredients for marinade.
3.  Place meat in a pan, pour marinade over it, and cover with plastic wrap.
4.  Refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours (or overnight).
5.  Place in slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
The Finished Product
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe.  I honestly thought that the bacon would come off of the tenderloin while cooking.  But as you can see - it is still intact.  The marinade added a nice tanginess to the pork.  Next time, I plan on using the low sodium soy sauce to make it a bit healthier.  I will be keeping this one in mind when we have guests over.

No comments:

Post a Comment