Slow Cooker Blue Cheese Flank Steak

Yesterday, I tried out a new slow cooker recipe in the hopes that it would become part of our regular rotation.  Here is the recipe:

Slow Cooker Blue Cheese Flank Steak

Ingredients
2 pounds flank steak
salt and pepper
1/4 cup flour
1 onion, sliced
1 package sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup beef broth
1/4 cup red wine
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup blue cheese
Steps
1.  Sprinkle both sides of the flank steak with salt and pepper.
2.  Dip both sides of flank steak into a plate of flour.  Lay as flat as possible on the bottom of the slow cooker.
3.  Place onion and mushrooms over the flank steak.  Pour beef broth, wine, olive oil, and vinegar over the meat.
4.  Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
5.  Before serving, add blue cheese and stir until mixed.
The Final Product
I can not give a totally accurate review of this recipe.  Why you may ask - you even provided a little picture?  Well, I spent about 2 weeks on the look out for flank steak in the supermarket.  I had seen in the last month or so but all of a sudden it was MIA. So I substituted a 3 pound London Broil.  The long cooking time would have made a flank steak much more tender.  The london broil got a bit dry.  The juice had a nice flavor and I enjoyed the blue cheese addition.  I hope to get my hands on a nice flank steak to try this recipe in its proper for.

No comments:

Post a Comment