Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
Ingredients1 lb stew beefSteps
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 pkg frozen steamer broccoli florets
rice
1. I had big chunks of stew beef. I took a minute to cut them into smaller strips.The Final Product
2. Mix together the broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic.
3. Place beef pieces in slow cooker and cover with mixture.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
5. When done, create a slurry by mixing the cornstarch and some of the slow cooker liquid together.
6. Stir the slurry back into the slow cooker and add the package of broccoli florets. Cook on low for another 30 minutes.
7. Serve over rice.
I wish I had taken a picture. The flavors melded wonderfully. It reminded me so much of good east coast Chinese takeout. The only thing that I was disappointed with was that my sauce did not thicken up as much as I would have liked after having added the cornstarch. I suspect it is because the slow cooker didn't bring the sauce up to a boil in the last half hour. I think I will wait until the very end to make the slurry. I will remove the beef and broccoli to another dish and pour the remaining sauce into a saucepan. Add the slurry and bring the sauce up to a boil to get it to thicken. Then pour the sauce back over the beef and broccoli once it is the right consistency. Give this one a try!
No comments:
Post a Comment