And So It Is...

Well, it is almost mid-way through January, and I am actually feeling pretty good about the month. At the beginning, I was not really all sunshine and butterflies. But I am starting to feel better.

Sunday, I picked up a filing cabinet. I was super excited. You all know I am an oddball (sheesh this is coming from the gal who thought a can opener was the greatest christmas present one year). Finally, I feel like my life, or what little of it I have control over, is organized, ordered, and safe from being in total disarray. All of my important job papers (I had a stack that filled the entire drawer of my desk) are all labelled. It is now really easy to say, hey I need this, and *pop* all i have to do is pull it out. No more shuffling all over kingdom come to find things.

I decided that my working has caused me to become absurdly sedentary. I bought myself a mat and an intro Pilates dvd. It was so surprising the first time through to see just how inflexible I am. I can't say that I have miraculously dropped 5 pounds over the past couple of sessions, but I am happy to report I have a little better outlook (yey, andorphins), and I feel more physically able to do activities, like packing the boxes upon boxes of labs, handouts, homework, and test review sheets. Can not wait until it is warmer outside so that I can do the workouts out in the backyard.

I saw the Incredibles with Beck on Saturday, at last. It was adorable. I haven't seen a Disney flick in the theaters since...I can't remember when. Go see it if you haven't see it yet. While we were at the mall, I stopped in Abercrombie and Fitch (i had a gift card). I believe it is one of the most scary places on the face of the planet. Someone explain to me why people buy 80 dollar jeans with holes the size of Pennsylvania in them, when if you were smart you could buy jeans at target for 60 bucks less and take a scissor to them to obtain the same effect. Maybe I am just not wired the right way. Must be something wrong with me.

I pity the man that marries me, cause I'm a total nutcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment