Danger, Danger, Will Robinson!!

I am forewarning you all right now. This post is going to be SUPER long. I have not written in almost 2 weeks. So I have some fun juicy stuff, or maybe it isn't. Who knows.

I suppose I will start at Christmas Eve. I woke up kinda late (here I really mean an hour later then I usually do) and did a little Disney World packing. I got all prettied up and headed over early to 5 pm mass to listen to my mom sing in the choir. I think this is the first time in a while that I enjoyed mass. The church was all decorated, the seats were packed, (i sat in front of two very, very cute guys), the songs were great, and not to mention the homily was short!!! Afterwards, we trekked out to the Sullivan's house for a party with them, the Slic's and the Picc's, who I haven't seen since the June wedding. Good to see everyone, kinda like old times when we all lived on the same block. Good food, played games, opened gifts, and before we knew it, it was past midnight. We all needed to get back home in time for Santa. Arriving home, we all decide to open up gifts early because of all the packing and laundry that needed to get done the next day. Having fun opening the presents, when at about 1:30 am, we hear this *thwack* sound outside and some car headlights. Thinking it is nothing we all head off to bed, to dream of sugarplums, or mickey mouse, or whatever was in our heads.

Christmas day was relaxing, outside of the running up and down stairs to find things for the trip. But later in the afternoon, I hear from my mom that my car got hit last night. Not to mention that every other car on the block had their windshield wipers lifted up for some bizarre reason. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper, I still don't believe I am okay with it. I treat my car soooo good, only for it to get hit right in front of my house. :oP Anyways, we left later that evening to go have coffee and dessert at my uncle's house. My little cousins are so cute. They kept asking if they could sit with me on the plane. Since there is such a huge age difference myself and my lil cousins (13 years between me and Elena; 16 years between me and Arianna), they inadvertantly call me aunt Theresa instead of cousin Theresa. It makes my one aunt a little angry, but really I don't so much mind, so long as they remember my name.

The next day we all get up at the butt crack of dawn to leave for the airport. The flight was scheduled for 7:20. It was delayed til 9:05. Everyone boards the aircraft, only to have to sit in it for another hour and a half at the gate (it is about 11:30 now). Really can't be flying if there isn't a pilot to fly you. But we finally took off, managing to arrive nearly 4 hours later then we had planned + we had dinner reservations. We make it to the Beach Club with about an hour to spare before dinner. Caught the boat to MGM and had dinner at Hollywood and Vine after which we got super cool seats to see the Fantasmic! show. Now you all probably imagine that we are walking around in shorts, t-shirts, soaking in the sun. WRONG! We sat on those cold aluminum stadium seats, it was just about 35 degrees out and the wind was whipping. I was thanking god (not for my breast like in march) but for the fact that i brought my gloves along with me from home. Not to mention I don't think I could ever imagine the day that I would be buying hot chocolate in Disney World. But the place was packed. The show was fantastic even if you do get sprayed with water for a good majority of it. Fave part that evening was when they lit everything on fire. So warm. Once the show was over, the little ones were tired so they headed back to the room for an early night (it was only like 7 pm). My family walked to the special Osbourne Family Light Spectacular. They aren't kidding when they use the word spectacular. I don't think I've been in awe of christmas lights (outside of how i did the tree this year) until then. Hung all over the street the is a mock set, were hundreds of thousands of dazzling Christmas lights. It is amazing to see of the different things you can do with that many lights. I think i could go on forever about these lights...but how about i just move on.

Monday (27th) we headed out to the Magic Kingdom to have breakfast at the Crystal Palace. There we met/took pictures with Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eeyore. We got ourselves on the Jungle Cruise, which by the way I don't think I've been on for at least 5 years, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Tiki Room, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz LightYear. We all were really suprised because after about 12:30 nearly every ride in the park had wait times longer than a hour. Went back to the hotel for a little while, then headed over to EPCOT to have dinner at Le Cellier in Canada. Can we just say, yum for steaks. After we got prime seating (front row) for the Candlelight Processional in the American pavilion. 50 piece orchestra, 100+ people in the choir and....drum roll, please....Gary Sinise. He read the Christmas story with interludes of hymns and music played by the orchestra. The conductor and the sign-er (a guy was sign-ing the words throughout the show) were both somewhat flamboyant and way over-the-top in their gestures. You could tell Gary was trying not to laugh the whole time, he even put his glasses on to try to hide it. The music was outstanding...they ended with Handel's Messiah. Like WHOA! Once the show was over, Gary walked right past the front row. I waved to him (tee-hee), to which I got a wink, smile, and wave back. Just so you all know, Gary Sinise is short. We could start a club, the Short People Club. Anyways...as we start walking around the rest of the park, my dad asks, "Who the heck was Gary Sinise waving at?" To which my mother replies, "Your daughter." Sigh, my own personal Gary Sinise moment. Okay, back, I swear no more Gary interludes. The little ones went home early, and some of us went back to Magic Kingdom to ride on Space Mountain and Stitch's Great Escape, which was malfunctioning and we couldn't go on.

Tuesday the Little kids went back to the Magic Kingdom and myself, mom and dad, left to go to EPCOT early. We got on Test Track, Mission Space (with Gary...sorry), and Spaceship Earth all before 10 am and the crowds. We also got these great pictures with a bunch of characters, Chip and Dale, Gipetto (???), Meeko, and Timon. Once the World Showcase opened up, we headed to Norway to ride the Maelstrom ride. We literally walked right onto the ride, and had our own private boat. Headed to America to have some early morning chicken strips and funnelcake. Strolled through Italy (it was still a little too early for gelato). But by the time we made our way to the UK it had past my 12 noon requirement for a beer, so dad and I had a Boddington's and Harp and strolled around. We all met up around 1 at Innoventions and we played the wonderful Fire Safety Game. Yes, Fire Safety. Anyways, in honor of Suzer, we walked back towards the UK and watched the British Invasion play a set. For dinner we went to the California Grill. We got to watch the fireworks in the Magic Kingdom from the top of the Contemporary. Everyone else headed home except my fam, cause we went resort hopping to see how each of the other hotels were decorated for the holidays.

Wednesday, my bro and I went to MGM Studios...I'm sorry, they changed the name of the park but I can't bring myself to call it the Disney Studios. BOOO on that. We got fastpasses for Rocking Roller Coaster and since the standby was only 45 minutes, we decided to go on line. The second we did though...the time changed to an hour. So we got off the line and walked to the Great Movie Ride in the meantime. We went back cause the fastpass time was right, and we head up to the front of the line to find that we just cut in front of the people who were standing in front of us before we left for the Great Movie Ride. Oh the hilarity of it all. Last ride we did was Star Tours. Later went to do some shopping and eat, and Thursday we came back home. It felt nice to sleep in my own bed after a while.

Friday was New Year's Eve. Went over to Rusty's house. I was still wiped out from the trip. But I made it to the ball drop, although I didn't sleep the night. Saturday, my father and brother headed out to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans (which is tonight by the way). Go Hokies. I'm not nearly as mad as now as I was about it. But that's the way things have always been, I try to do everything right that I can, but I still don't the same sort of attention my brother gets. Whatever...I'll explain maybe some other time. Sunday was my cousin's engagement party. Yikes, that was an experience. My mom and I spent the weekend watching movies: Princess Diaries 2, the Stepford Wives, and Garden State (which I bought, I heart that movie).

So here I am, back at work. I managed to get a bunch of things done today, suprisingly enough, this very long entry. Fun Stuff:





Your Dominant Intelligence is Logical-Mathematical Intelligence





You are great at finding patterns and relationships between things.
Always curious about how things work, you love to set up experiments.
You need for the world to make sense - and are good at making sense of it.
You have a head for numbers and math ... and you can solve almost any logic puzzle.

You would make a great scientist, engineer, computer programmer, researcher, accountant, or mathematician.





I probably could have told you that one.

You are 93% Virgo






Masters of the obvious.





You Are Mashed Potato Soda



Like sucking on a stick of butter...


I loooooove mashed potatos. And that I think is more that enough for you to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment