paranoid

I don't know how many of you remember junior year and my weird pit of the stomach premonitions, or not...but yesterday in the morning a little before 9:30 am my father asked me to walk the dog. So I head outside and I immediately feel something is just totally messed up (the weird, things aren't right, need to leave the premises sort of feeling). I tell Kona to hurry up, which he was so kind to do, and I ran back inside. I start to feel better once inside so a pack my things up and head off to work.

Returning home, my father asks me if I saw anything suspicious around the neighborhood that past 24 hours. I reply no. You all know me, I don't tell people about my weird sense until after events have unfolded. He said the police had come around and asked him that same questions. They said there was a break in several houses down the block. Odd. But wait.

This morning we picked up the paper only to find headline article...a woman was raped on my block yesterday morning at approximately 10 am in the morning. I know!!! Shiznit!!! This is the second rape in 10 days...within I would say a 5 mile radius. So yeah, I'm a little unnerved. But I'm trying to be practical...the guy most likely will not strike this block again. They try to make the hits random....but they usually end up spacing attacks out evenly. (If you missed last sunday...semi-decent show called Numb3rs, dealt with this exact same thing).

Keeping my head up, and my new (my mom got it for me) can of pepper spray close at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment