Yeah I didn't realize that Lent had started on Wednesday. I don't plan on giving anything up. Although I could be really abstract by trying to give up on my inner thoughts which continually cut me down and try to keep a happy countenance for the next month or so. For some reason though, it seems like the abstaining from meat and fasting shouldn't be hard. (realize I'm saying this at 12:12 pm in the afternoon and I haven't eaten lunch yet.) It's odd because I don't see myself as a "religious" person. I'm not one of those crazy god people if you know what i mean. Sheesh, how could i be, cause i swear up a blue-streak. Even beck said it herself one evening that I was religious...somewhat really religious (cause I still really do the church thing, follow church practices, and such). Not that it's a bad thing. But I fight with Catholicism all the time. Not really, just the ideas. I think I use the going to church and such as my own spiritual outlet. I just mix a whole lot of different teachings with my base religion as well as with my own experiences. I don't know if that makes me religious or spiritual or what. But for some reason I always feel like it puts me at odds with people (not yous guys, but everyone else). But that i think is a story for some other time, who knows.
Anyways, sorry about the ramble there. This weekend, it looks like it is just me myself and the Kona dog. I will sit back and reflect upon valentine's past....wait, just wait one second. If I remember correctly, I have never had a valentine on valentine's day. Good thing this year I'm not breaking my record. I'm 0-22 on V-day, tee-hee. Sheesh, the band should be playing, and the cheerleaders cheering for that record.
But really the reason for this post...I found a really old cd a couple of days ago, and this song just hit me.
Ready or Not by Evan and Jaron:
There was nothing down in my little town
No one I could be
Nobody there in the empty square
Soon to include me
So I borrowed myself a stolen van
And I got myself to where I am
I made my escape while no one watched
And inside my head I had just one thought
It was freedom that I wanted
Freedom that I got
Ready or not
It's another world that I find me in
I think someone stole the van
And the people here are like aliens
And I don't know what I am
And the pretty pretty girls I thought I could trust
Have taken everything but my bad luck
Now I'm not so bad and I'm not so hot
I said I don't care but I cared a lot
It was changes that I wanted
Changes that I got
Ready or not
Now I'm not so radical as I thought
I said I don't care but I cared a lot
It was freedom that I wanted
Freedom that I got
Ready or not
catch yall later. (oh and for the record i broke down and got a tuna fish sandwich for lunch :oP)
No comments:
Post a Comment