Start of Spring Break...

yeah right, I happen to be working. Tell me whose swift idea it was for the lab to be open when there are no classes, the instructors aren't in, and sure as heck none of the students want to come in. Boo!!! As a side note, i really don't feel well today, I haven't felt well since Saturday (like hi stomach, what are you doing in my throat? You really shouldn't be there. Or the fact that my muscles can't seem to relax for longer than 5 minutes before I have to re-adjust the way i'm sitting/standing/laying/etc). I should probably get it this whole situation checked out. It just throws me for a loop every single month, if you catch my drift.

Random girl pain and agony aside, the weekend was super enjoyable. Suz came down on Saturday in the afternoon. Kona was super excited to see her and boy did he get the good end of the deal. He was so good, calm, and just sat there being petted. Silly puppy. Suz was so good putting up with me and my wanting to watch the Duke/ NC State game. I'm such a push over when it comes to watching my college basketball. Afterwards, we headed over to the Fox and Hound for some eats and good beer. Our waiter was mildly interesting. For some reason he didn't believe we could handle drinking our beer and eating our meals on our own without him checking up on us. We chatted it up. I miss being able to sit face to face and just talk about parents, stupid school/job, boys, and general gossip. Suz- I know that whatever you do (moving to new areas and such), you'll without a doubt be able to find a circle or group of people to hang with. (I trust you will be able to better than I will) Besides, I'll always come to visit. oh, i'm not trying to think about that thing you gave me to think about. But you know me, my brain has it going on there in the background. Just have to let the fun ensue right? Getting back from the bar, we decided to watch Newsies. Such a great movie.

Sunday we headed down to see Dana and Abby. It was so good to see Bubbles. Suz got to meet Chloe. It was absolutely marvelous that it was bright, sunny, warmer than usual, and not to windy. So we took a walk to the Broadway Grille for some lunch. Yum Yum. We headed over to the beach, just to take in the sight, and then found some yummy ice cream. Half the housie- crew. It felt so comfortable. Almost like home, even if it was for just a couple of hours. Sometimes I just wish, that it would be possible for everyone I cared about to be in a close proximity and still be able to explore and find everything they could possibly want or imagine. But my head knows, with sickeningly mathematical precision, that that wish won't happen. Just too old fashioned I guess. Best right now are little visits and trips, I suppose until we all figure where it is we want to go in life, and what it is we want to do. Anyways, after all that it was time to part. When suz left my house, Kona just kinda sat looking out the door. He was kinda sad the rest of the evening, and that made two of us.

But on the bright side, I'm very happy that my Dukies (cause they are no one else's) have a number 1 seed in the tourney, although I'm not quite sure they deserved it. Too many teams could be in their place. But I've been surprised all season at the hard work and tough games they've put in. All the craziness starts this Thursday. So lots of games to watch.

~~love~~

No comments:

Post a Comment