Last Tuesday night, illness descended upon me. It just got continually worse. Thursday I called out sick. Compared to last year’s green beer before 1 in the afternoon in the UK pavilion at Epcot, it is not the first way I’d think of spending the St. Patty’s day. It was also the start of all the March basketball madness. For about 8 hours that day, CBS kept rotating between games. I was so out of it I couldn’t keep track of what teams were playing on the screen. The saving grace that day was that I managed to get some drugs to get rid of it. I really think my case of the shingles has just made my entire immune system absolutely worthless. It doesn’t help that the building I work in isn’t exactly up to building specs. (But that is what you get when you decide to change a huge barn into a teaching space.)
Anyways, fast forward to this today. It’s just one of those Tuesdays that won’t quit. Just moving so slowly and there really is nothing that you can do about it. Even helping people figure things out doesn’t make the situation better. I’ve slowly been realizing that this stuff, this whole being an adult business isn’t nearly as glamorous as it seems when you are like 5-6 years old. And this is what life holds in store for me, for what will probably be the next 60 years (+ or - 10 years of error). Yeah I realize it’s probably something that has hit everyone already, but I’m slow when it comes to life-affecting epiphanies.
I’m spending Easter and a couple more days all by myself. With the ‘rents going to see my brother, I’ll be on my own with the dog. Lots of fun. Crazy me got excited cause I planned out a whole bunch of home cooked meals for me to make. My parents laughed at me. Silly I know, but I never seem to have the energy to do any sort of cooking when I get back from work. It’s a big deal for me to actually be providing for my own nutritional value. Really, I’ll probably just end up having bagels for every meal cause I’m lazy.
Oh, I attempted to start my grad school applications. Stupid schools want you to fill out online apps. Yeah problem is I need to wait another like 3 months. Just throw the whole starting early bit right out the window. They won’t let you apply for fall 2006 until they’ve closed the app process for summer 2006. :::shakes fist angrily::: bass-turds!!!!
Not that anyone cares…Duke made it to the Sweet 16 but I think this is going to be where the run ends. I’m a super big fan, but it just seems like they are scraping through the games. No confidence to be found. Haven’t handed anyone a butt-thumping loss. ah well.
I’m slowly getting more excited about visiting Dickinson in week and a half. It’ll be a weekend where I may be able to actually relax a little bit. A throw back to a year ago, unwind a little bit, enjoy some time with the boys, maybe meet up with my infernos. I would like to see if I could stop by and see the math and physics profs as well.
randomness: I’ve figured out that I need to find someone who has common sense. That would compliment really well with the fact that I have none. Everything else should probably be secondary to that need. I just shouldn’t be picky anymore. It might just help matters if I actually went out every now and again.
I’m getting really distracted (yes there is a reason why…but I’ll write it later), so I think that is my cue to end.
No comments:
Post a Comment