Yep, that is what my mom said today. I realize I've been putting fluffy shit up recently. I guess I really haven't illuminated much lately into what has been going on in life.
Anyways, about a month ago, the doctors noticed some large cysts. For the doctors it seemed that is wasn't really a pressing matter. They could take their time setting up tests and the surgery to get rid of them. Heck, we even went to Disney World. Their thought was the masses were totally benign.
Today was the surgery. She was the first one on the board. Apparently, everything the doctors went in to do, was done well. No complications, except with the biopsy of the masses. It seems to have shocked even the surgeon, who was head of the division. Turns out it is ovarian cancer in the later stages.
I suppose shock is the word for it. It had somewhat crossed my mind, but it was just something in passing. The doctor speak had relegated the possibility to the back of my mind. But life throws the sickest curve balls.
But like she said, she is going to kick some cancer ass. I'm going to help her do it.
I now have a massive headache. But I'll be fine. I'll just be playing it by ear now for the next couple of months, hopefully years. Hope you understand.
No comments:
Post a Comment