After such a joyous day for London yesterday (the Olympics being held there in 2012), I am appalled by what has happened this morning. My heart goes out to those who have been affected, injured, and those families who have lost their dearest loved ones. At first listening I thought that maybe this event was going to happen to whichever city had won the Olympic bid, but I realize (because my brain goes all mushy when politics is concerned) this was timed with the beginning of the G8 summit. It is incomprehensible how something like this could occur when there is attempt being made to rectify global issues. But I suppose in the mind of those who plan such things, it is a perfect statement, illustrating that no matter what the good intentions of decent people there is nothing- I repeat- nothing, good people can do to stop them and the war they make. That it is impossible to change things, when they do not want them to be changed.
Somehow, what I had planned on writing today seems to trivial.
No comments:
Post a Comment