Bored

Let's just say work is totally uneventful. No pressures, no tasks to complete. Just waiting for all the stuff to land in my lap in a weeks time.

I picked up the Jack's Mannequin cd yesterday, along with the second book of the dragon series I am reading. The book is called "Eldest". I unfortunately can't read it at the moment cause I'm smack in the middle of the chronicles of narnia. I've learned a long time ago that if I try to read more than one book at a time, I just throroughly confuse myself. Anyways, the cd is great. I can't quite put my finger on what it sounds like. It's definitely not Something Corporate, although I could see maybe one or two songs working for them. It isn't like Coldplay rock, but it has some of the softness of it. Ugh, I guess this is why no one has hired me to write music reviews. I'd be the person who said, I liked it, you go out and buy it to find out for yourself. The one song I really enjoy is "I'm Ready"
[And today was a day just like any other]

I'm on the verge, I'm on the verge
Unraveling with every word
With every word you say, make me believe
That I won't feel your tires on the street
As I'm finding the words... you're getting away

I come undone, oh yes, I do
Just think of all the thoughts wasted on you
And every word you say, say something sweet
Cause all I taste is blood between my teeth
As I'm finding the words... you're getting away

Well I'm ready, I'm ready to drop
Oh, I'm ready, I'm ready so don't stop
I'm ready so don't stop, Keep pushing
I'm ready to fall, oh, I'm ready
I'm ready so don't call, I'm ready so don't call

I am aware, I've been misled
I disconnect my heart, my head
Don't wanna recognize when things go bad
The things that you'll accept
Except that I am finding the words... to say

I'm ready, I'm ready to drop
Oh oh oh oh oh, I'm ready
I'm ready so don't stop
I'm ready so don't stop

[I wake up to find it's another
Four aspirin morning, and I dive in
I put on the same clothes I wore yesterday.
When did society decide that we had to change
And wash a tee shirt after every individual use:
If it's not dirty, I'm gonna wear it.
I take the stairs to the car
And there's fog on the windows.
(And I'm Fighting the words...)
I need caffeine in my blood stream,
I take caffeine in the blood stream.
I grip the wheel and all at once I realize:
(And you're getting away...)
My life has become a boring pop song
And everyone's singing along.]

Well, I'm ready, to drop, well, I'm ready
I'm ready so don't stop, oh
Well, keep pushing, I'm ready to fall
Well, I'm ready, I'm ready so don't call
I'm ready so don't call, oh... oh... oh...


It is just a good song, too bad I don't know how to get music to play on my livejournal page. Not that it matters or anything.

Knitting is good- I have about a foot of my scarf completed, only like 20 more repetitions left to before the scarf is done. Looks halfway decent if I do say so myself.

Everyone should be happy. I have actually started filling out the online graduate school application forms. Yeah I haven't written up a personal statment, but half the battle is actually writing your name on the forms. I am a little hesistant on how I should go about contacting the professors to ask them to write my letters of recommendation. I obviously need to do it before I send in the forms but...I don't know if I should email them, call, send a note in the mail. I think emailing may be the quickest. But I don't know if that shows how serious you are.

Probably should go fill more of them out then.

No comments:

Post a Comment